This blog is about all the things that give me joy, that make my heart want to burst with delight: books, writing, people, faith, pictures, education, happenings, food, desserts....The world is just full of things able to create in us a luminous heart!



Friday, June 18, 2010

Introducing Quills and Candles

It is fast becoming apparent that blogging is an addiction. Last night, I decided to start a second blog, this one all about being a writer. I needed somewhere to ruminate on what feels like a necessary act: the urge to write. I'm currently working on editing my novel, The Company of the White Stag (for the upteenth time), as well as working on a children's story, "Jacob and the Winter Boots," for my Institute of Children's Literature assignment. You'd think I had enough writing projects to work on. But, the more I write, the more I need to reflect on why I'm doing it. "Reflect." I never heard the word used as much as over the past year of Teacher's College. My colleagues and I reflected until we were blue in the face, until the word started to feel like sawdust in our mouths. And yet, here I am, one month after my final practicum ready, once again, to reflect. My new blog, Quills and Candleswill probably also turn into a place to retreat when I want to throw my manuscript out the window or withdraw from the Institute altogether. I'm hoping it will also, eventually, become a virtual community of Christian writers sharing ideas on the vocation of writing and the joys of being a sub-creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment